Friday 21 August 2009

Two Stars and Counting...

There are two stars-stickers on my purple piece of paper. What this means is that, for two blocks of 6 hours, I have refrained from pulling my hair out. Well done me. Unfortunately, as I have been under a lot of pressure (academic pressure, not the air kind...)recently, I have also stripped the hair from one entire side of my head. It hurts even when I do nothing to it. The scalp - poor suffering scalp - has been most severely mushed. When one pulls one's hair out, one often pulls little pods of almost-clear-white scalp out as well - these are the hair roots. And the scalp really could do with them or it tends to collapse just a little.
I am going to be being social (being social like 'Living Social'?) soon. This delights but slightly worries me, as I have a wig I'm not used to, the behaviour of which may be unpredictable. I do not want to repeat certain scenarios I have lived through - such as remove-ing the fallen-off, stepped-on thing from the high-heel of some's high-heel in a club... I must get to know it before its debut. Just to make sure.
Also, becuase I have had a lot to do, calling the number the NHS people gave me hasbeen pushed aside by other matters (such as my Degree). Call within 5 days, the letter tells me, ominously. The 5 days have passed. What now, I wonder? Damn the letters of the NHS to the pathologically anxious. Fools. Damned fools. Those lastcouple of words sum up my emotional state at the moment. An emotional state in which almost everyone is a damned fool. This is becuase I have to much essay-writing ahead of me and too little available time ahead of me. This too will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment