Thursday 22 October 2009

Current Life Experinces = Somewhat Difficult. Current Trich-Related Experiences = Looking Up. Note the Paradox.

So... Despite being embroiled in utter war with my mother (the same of story - told louder, longer and more loathe-ing-ly, I am actually doing pretty well. For me. Yes - I am pulling my hair out. But not nearly so much. Possibly this is becuase I am away from home. (Is this fair? I pulled my hair out quite a lot while I was away from home while I was at university... But I was under the usual stresses of university life then, I suppose...) So hurrah for me! My fingernails are (as you can see in the picture) really quite long now. So long, in fact, that attempting to learn classical guitar (from a book, without a tutor, highly unlikely to work I know...)is becoming somewhat challengeing. My nails make horrible sounds in conjunction with the three metal strings. It is - HORRIBLE! But I think they look pretty. So never mind The Pursuit of Musical Brilliance. My hair looks (marginally) better, too. From the point of view of a non-Trichotillomaniac, it probably still looks pretty bad. But from my point of view it looks like the beginning, at least, of the much-vaunted Road to Recovery (wherever that may be - and, in my case, it may well be geographically-related).



No comments:

Post a Comment